Saturday, 16 November 2013

The Old Button Swop Number 2 - Beaded Bazzar and Pat (A Craftfest Christmas Blog Stop)


As Craftfest starts, it feels a little surreal to be the first stop on a Blog Stop again.  Earlier this year I was the Stop Number 1 Creative Crafting Blog Tour.  And here I am first stop on Craftfest Blog Tour. Not sure why I'm number one again - maybe I was the first to put my hand up, or maybe it was luck of the draw. It certainly wasn't alphabetical as The Old Button usually comes somewhat down that list. Whatever the reason, I'm delighted as I can tell you the story of the Old Button Swop journey. 


Logos of Blog Tours

My Creative Crafting blog stop in August was all about The Old Button Swop - asking if crafters wanted to be paired up to swop hand-crafted makes with each other. It was a great journey - I had lots of interest from some old crafting friends and some new ones, and in the end I had a few pairs of talented crafters all signed up.


Long blue and clear glass bead necklace with silver cats.
Beaded necklace by Joy for Pat
Not sure if it is coincidence or some very clever planning on my part, but one of the ladies featured in this Craftfest Blog Stop is Joy - who is the fabulous Craftfest Red Team Leader and I'm in the Red Team this time! 
 
Joy from Beaded Bazaar made this gorgeous necklace for Pat who lives in California. Pat loves anything British, cats, antique, Victorian things, pastels or darks.  

Well I think this Victorian style pastel necklace with beautiful beads and cute little silver cats sure hits the spot. And Pat thinks so too - she loved it. 



And just look at the pretty wrapping too. Beautifully gift wrapped.   



Beaded Bazaar on Wow Thank You



Of course as a Craftfest Team Leader, you'd expect to find Joy on Craftfest - where she showcases some of her necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings and jewellry sets, including this fabulous Wood Paper and Acrylic Bead Necklace which is available for sale through Beaded Bazaar's Craftfest stall

Joy also takes commissions to create something based around your ideas.  You can see more of her work at Beaded Bazaar on Wow Thank You and you can find out what she's up to by liking her Facebook page or following her on Twitter.

Joy is a tireless promoter who supports lots of Craftfesters - newcomers and old hands alike - on the Creative Connections forum pages as well as sharing hundreds of pictures and links each week for many crafters on the Creative Connections Facebook page. I really don't know how she does it all.  




One snowflake and eight heart decorations
Christmas decorations by Pat for Joy


Joy's swop partner was Pat - one of two swop crafters from the US. Joy had said she loves surprises but if Pat needed inspiration, she loves traditional Christmas colours at Christmas. So Pat made Joy a lovely collection of hand made Christmas decorations in stunning red and white.   


White crochet snowflake with red seed beads
The beautiful crocheted snowflake is in really snowy white and is edged in tiny red seed beads - a perfect touch for Joy who loves beads. 







Red felt heart Christmas decorations

And the cute little red felt hearts have been decorated with hearts, dots, wreaths and little branches. 

Perfect traditional Christmas colours. And Joy was delighted with all her little decorations.

Pat isn't on Craftfest so I can't share any more of her hand crafted makes with you. But as you can see from these lovely gifts, she really enjoys her crafting.   



So two very happy ladies. Another very successful swop. 

Next time I'll be telling Tracy and Gaynor's story.

And earlier this month I told you the story of Kristen and Helen who swopped a pair of hand knitted gloves and an arts pastels carry case - you can read their story here - The Old Button Swop Number 1 - Pastelesta and Strombolitwo
 

12 comments:

  1. All the best with your craftfest week - I am so excited about it

    I too have a discount - 15% with the code craftfest2013

    Kate x http://creative-connections.ning.com/photo/albums/dengra-designs-craftfest-stall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. all the best for Craftfest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sharon,
    Fantastic post, how good does my jewellery look on your page? I'll have to get you to post all my pics
    Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it
    Best of luck with Craftfest hon
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Joy - Red Team Leader - we couldn't do it without you, Anna and the other team leaders

      Delete
  4. Hi Sharon
    Amazing post - love the swop shop and the fact it is so international!!

    Also a big thank you for helping to promote Joy - she's amazing at promoting everyone else so its nice to see her stall in the limelight for once!

    Good luck for CRAFTfest and hope you have lots of sales!

    I am running a promotion during craftfest - a free set of hand stamped notecards with each order. Simply quote CFNOV2013 when ordering
    Tania xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sharon

    Enjoyed reading your blog about the craft swap - what a good idea. Good luck with the rest of Craftfest. Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a coincidence, you being first twice! I shared your post on Google +. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite a coincidence, you being first twice! I shared your post on Google +. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - I appreciate you sharing on Google.

      Delete
  8. Lovely post. I wish I had been involved in your craft swap. Would love to be involved in the future. I am also offering a 10% discount using the code CRAFTfest

    http://creative-connections.ning.com/photo/albums/fabrilushus-s-craftfest-stall#.Uoe1NcQvWoV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jilly - I may do another swop next year - you can follow this blog to hear about it first or keep an eye on Creative Connections FB page as I'm sure to post it on there too.

      Delete
  9. Thank you to everyone who has viewed and commented. Really appreciate you taking the time. Enjoy the rest of the blog tour - tomorrow is Cola Creations - but please pop back and visit me again.

    ReplyDelete