Monday, 18 March 2013

Deep Purple

One of my favourite songs as a teenager was Sweet Child in Time by Deep Purple. I wasn't really a rock fan - I listened to lots of stuff including opera - but I especially loved the opening instrumental of this classic.   

The vocal school my children go to is mainly musical theatre, traditional and classical, with a bit of pop thrown in for good measure. But in their last show they got a taste of rock through the musical We Will Rock You which is based around Queen's music. Since then, my son especially is getting more curious about rock music and is begging to swop his acoustic guitar lessons for electric! 

So I got onto good old Youtube and introduced him to Deep Purple, Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac. Some songs he likes, some he doesn't - but that's ok - he's only 12 years old - plenty of time yet to build up an impressive music collection before he goes to college. I also suggested (half in jest) he take a look at The Doors - his favourite so far is Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) - if you haven't heard it I recommend you give it a go - it is very weird but rather amusing! So show me the way to the next whisky bar.... 

.....and on our way we'll take a look at some more purple team members from CRAFTfest. Just click on the names to go to their stalls.


So, from Deep Purple, we will go first to lavender!


 














Rags to Bags




























The Bead Shop











Well I'm off now to download some more great rock - I'd forgotten how good these song are!



9 comments:

  1. You're sending me off to bed with some great tunes in my head - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink Floyd - now you're talking. My favourite band. Thanks for featuring my door stop too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a great way to feature fellow CRAFTfesters! Stopping by with Good Luck wishes for CRAFTfest!

    Jillian
    JillyBeanPottery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh now the only song I have in my head is Sweet Home Alabama! Not exactly what you were talking about but one of my faves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone - Cola Creations -you made me chuckle on a cold Tuesday morning. Now I have Sweet Home Alabama in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And can I go on record - I hate whiskey - had a bad experience with half a bottle of it as a teenager! What lies behind such staid middle age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh show me the way to the next whiskey bar...
    Funnily enough I've been listening to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon this week. There must be something in the air!

    Gill
    Personal Space Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for including me here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blog, I purposely went online and found that song following your mention. It was on the first ever mix tape I got from a boyfriend! (a full 14 years ago!!)

    Fantastic stall picks and beautiful layout.
    Joy
    x

    ReplyDelete